One aspect of the industry when trading floors were thriving was the sense of community. Trading education site tastytrade, for example, has focused heavily on providing content on how to trade options. Start-up TopstepTrader is offering trader education as well as the potential for funding good traders with an unprecedented 80-20 split on trading profits. (That’s 80 percent for the trader).
There also has been a rise in the number of platforms which allow algorithmic traders to test out ideas and potentially get funded. Several have garnered attention, including: Quantopian, QuantConnect and CloudQuant. Those platforms are using technology to access the markets in ways that were not open to them before. This leveling of the playing field for anyone, anywhere, is a major breakthrough for industry veterans like Monieson.
“The ability to have a whole toolbox to let people loose was the whole idea behind going electronic, which was ‘Let’s open this up to the world.’ The volume will explode and we’ll get more players,” Monieson said.
Clickable Topics & Tags for Crowd Researchers
- S3 Partners – White Paper on S3 / CloudQuant Unique Short Interest Signal2021-02-04 - 18:42
- XRT – THE BIG SHORT – Yesterday’s Short Interest 630%, Today’s 642%??? – Is this a Stealth Short?2021-02-02 - 19:11
- Top Data Provider Pairs with Fintech Maven to Deliver Key Financial Data2021-02-01 - 06:01
- Prosper’s Retail and Macro Economic Datasets added to CloudQuant’s Data Liberator2021-01-19 - 17:06
- QuantsUnited’s Bitcoin Deep Pattern Matching Indicator2021-01-14 - 18:58