Alternative Data in Investment Technology is Changing the Game
Cloud computing and access to industrial grade investment and data science tools are changing the playing field for quantitative trading firms. CloudQuant’s CEO Morgan Slade participated in a panel at Stocktoberfest West in October 2017. This has raised the discussion of quantamental investment and data science techniques. This is the merger of technology, investment management, and data science.
Ever increasing datasets are requiring an elastic source of data scientists. CloudQuant believes that the best source is the crowd.
Participating in the discussion are:
- Tim Harrington, Battlefin
- Erik Haines, Guidepoint
- Morgan Slade, CloudQuant
- Chris Petrescu, formerly from WorldQuant
In this discussion, Morgan makes a bold prediction that Bitcoin will surpass $10,000. (Time hack 26:58 to see the prediction)
Clickable Topics & Tags for Crowd Researchers
- SpiderRock Partners with CloudQuant to provide Historical Derivatives Data Access via API2021-05-27 - 06:30
- Trading Technologies and CloudQuant Launch Strategic Partnership to Explore Creation of Alternative Data Offering2021-05-12 - 07:00
- S3 Partners – White Paper on S3 / CloudQuant Unique Short Interest Signal2021-02-04 - 18:42
- XRT – THE BIG SHORT – Yesterday’s Short Interest 630%, Today’s 642%??? – Is this a Stealth Short?2021-02-02 - 19:11
- Top Data Provider Pairs with Fintech Maven to Deliver Key Financial Data2021-02-01 - 06:01